Here, you’ll find a selection of websites for the courses I have taught at Santa Clara University as well as links to digital projects completed with students at SCU. For details on courses I have taught at Dartmouth College, the University of Colorado Boulder, or Miami University (Oxford, OH), contact me.
- Critical Thinking and Writing 2: Heroes and Quests (CTW-02, Winter)
- Introduction to Literary History and Interpretation (ENG 14, Winter)
- Critical Thinking and Writing 1: Heroes and Quests, Frankenstein Bicentennial Edition (Fall 2018)
- Literature and Women: Prison Writing (ENG 68/WGST 56, Fall 2018)
- Introduction to Literary History and Interpretation, by the SCU students of ENG 14, Winter Term, 2018 (digital book)
- Spring 2018 Digital Literacy and Social Justice (ENG 14), students studied and practiced new digital literacies as contributors to Wikipedia working to close its considerable gender gap in contributing editors and content. Students published 16 new articles, edited 60 unique articles, and as of 16 July 2018 have 2.3 million article views. Students authored important articles on topics including “The Pink Tax,” “Heteronormativity in Engineering,” “Feminist Rhetoric,” “Violence against Women in Mexico,” “Abortion in Afghanistan,” “The Lolita Effect,” and “The Gender Pay Gap in the United States Tech Industry,” among many others. Wiki Edu published a feature blog post on my class called “Exploring the intersection of digital literacy and social justice on Wikipedia.”
- Exhibit in Special Collections & Archives, with an accompanying digital exhibit: https://scufrankenstein.omeka.net/. This exhibit was a collaborative project curated with two other classes, taught by Professors Michelle Burnham and Amy Lueck, and with Nadia Nasr, Director of Special Collections & Archives. See slideshow for images of our very well attended opening June 7, 2018, and the final exhibit installation with iPads for digital components. Santa Clara Magazine covered our exhibit in a Feature Story https://www.scu.edu/news-and-events/feature-stories/stories/history-repeating.html.